KFAI’s annual day to celebrate the voices of indigenous people is here.
Our schedule for Wednesday, May 4th brings these special programs to the air:
- 6 am to 8 am: Morning News and Information from Indian Country
- 8 to 9 am: Indian Education with Graham Hartley and Louise Matson.
- 9 am to 10 am: Two Spirit Special Program with Lenny Hayes and Chris Stark
- 10 am to Noon: First Person Radio Indigenous Languages (Dakota/Ojibwe) with Deanna StandingCloud, James Vukelich, Neil McKay, and Jewell Arcoren
- Noon to 1 pm: Indigineity Now with Roy Taylor (Pawnee)
- 1 pm to 2 pm: Vince Moniz (Mandan) and spoken word art
- 2 pm to 3 pm: Makana from Honolulu with his Hawaiian music
- 3 pm to 4 pm: Rulan Tangen (Metis) from Dancing Earth, Santa Fe
- 4 pm to 6 pm: Rhiana Yazzie (Navajo) and New Native Theatre
- 6 pm to 8 pm: John Kane (Mohawk): “Let’s Talk Native” from New York
- 8 pm to 10 pm: Radio Pocho with special Indigenous music
Listen to Turtle Island: Voices Rising from 6am to 10pm today, only on Fresh Air Community Radio!