Please see Mason and Crystal for more information and for the final word on how these will be organized.
1. You can check out these and copy these new releases on your own time. DO NOT SHARE WITH OTHERS!!!! if you do so, we will lose the ability to get new albums and it hurts the band you think is so great it’s worth sharing.
2. We need volunteers to do the following
• Unzipping files
• Sorting albums from the week they came in into the genre they belong in
• Re-titling and folder organization based on bands:
-Folders just for the bands (so all those singles and albums can just be found under that artist)
—>Inner folders that are titled “Band – album or single” per album or single
We need to be sure that things aren’t labeled “01.band” or by the album, or replacing albums because band A put out 2 releases, and neither have an album attached.
• Organize these titles into the correct genre
– There will be Major genres, and then all those funky sub-genres can live inside if need be.
– Correct genre titles: i.e. *What does “urban mean?? – make this useful. The few that I have put into buckets are based on the label’s suggestions but perhaps it’s something else? Perhaps it goes into more than 1 genre? Perhaps it just got put into the wrong folder during the random transport of data and I need someone to fix it. (*Update the xlsx file and send it back to me)
• Duplicates – merge or replace (but be sure that they are actually the same album or single before doing so)
Sometimes things get downloaded twice. Sometimes the file doesn’t download all together. Just keep it clean folks(Jan – Feb. 8th 2019) digital submissions
(Will go out weekly from here on out. This as 2059 releases so far)