Minnesota Legacy Project Manager for KFAI Fresh Air Radio
KFAI Fresh Air Community Radio in Minneapolis/St. Paul is hiring a Project Manager and Editor for its award-winning State of Minnesota Legacy Amendment program, MinneCulture. This is an hourly, independent contractor position running through December 2022. The Legacy Amendment Project Manager is expected to provide the following services:
- Ensure that Legacy Amendment project producers adhere to deadlines and journalistic standards;
- Assist producers in defining and revising story ideas;
- Provide script editing and sound design guidance of completed stories, documentaries, and podcasts;
- Create and archive contracts and invoices;
- File contracts and invoices with KFAI staff on behalf of all Legacy contractors;
- Coordinate and/or serve as liaison between producers and other independent contractors hired by KFAI to document Legacy Amendment projects;
- Cultivate relationships with existing Legacy contractors while networking to expand the pool of contractors, especially to include more producers from BIPOC communities, LGBTQ+ communities and producers of diverse abilities and professional backgrounds;
- Collaborate with Ampers Network staff to create program budget and workplan, refresh and adjust budget and workplan as needed;
- Plan events such as video shoots and live concerts;
- Ensure compliance with artist recording agreements for recording rights for broadcasting and/or archiving live or sound recordings;
- Ensure programs conform to Minnesota Arts and Cultural Heritage guidelines;
- Regularly upload produced programs to Public Radio Exchange, KFAI.org, and soundcloud;
- Promote content via social media marketing and local media ad buys;
- Work closely with KFAI management, including the General Manager and Program Director;
- Submit reports and monthly reimbursement requests as required to the State of Minnesota and the Ampers Network;
- Engineer Legacy Amendment programming airing on KFAI as needed;
- Other duties related to this project as assigned by GM and Ampers Network;
The successful candidate will provide their own transportation related to any and all work performed. The position is open to all individuals, without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, national origin or ancestry. The individual hired must legally conduct this work within the State of Minnesota, and it is highly preferred that the workplace be in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area.
Preferred qualifications for this position:
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to manage and guide contract producers
- Experience in journalism and radio production
- A positive team-player attitude with an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to see MinneCulture program grow
- Proficiency with Excel, Powerpoint, and Google docs
- Extensive experience with audio editing and mixing
- Excellent writing, communication, and storytelling skills
Contracts and letters of agreement related to execution of the Legacy Amendment project are internal documents for KFAI usage only. The independent contractor is prohibited from sharing such documents outside of KFAI’s immediate staff.
KFAI Fresh Air Radio will compensate the Legacy Project Manager at the rate of $40 per hour. The Legacy Project Manager position may be shared among one other co-manager, depending on the applicant pool. The Legacy Project Manager role requires 60-80 hours per month. Payment will occur monthly upon the submission of a task-based, itemized invoice.
The independent contractor is not entitled to and shall not claim any of the rights, privileges, or benefits of an employee of KFAI Fresh Air Radio. The independent contractor is solely responsible for payment and withholding of all contract income and other taxes.
The contract for the Legacy Project Manager runs from December 15, 2021 to December 15, 2022. KFAI reserves the right to extend and or revise the terms of this contract beyond December 15, 2022.
The deadline to apply is December 3, 2021 at 5 pm CDT.
Applications, including a cover letter and resume, should be emailed to KFAI’s General Manager <firstname.lastname@example.org> or mailed to:
KFAI Fresh Air Radio
1808 Riverside Ave.
Minneapolis, MN 55454