Board Member Roles and Responsibilities:
Lead Strategically. Ensure Financial Stability. Be an Ambassador. Ensure Healthy Governance. Supervise and Support the General Manager.
KFAI Mission Statement: KFAI is a volunteer-based community radio station that exists to broadcast information, arts and entertainment programming for an audience of diverse racial, social and economic backgrounds. By providing a voice for people ignored or misrepresented by mainstream media, KFAI increases understanding between peoples and communities, while fostering the values of democracy and social justice.
We wish to acknowledge the sacred land upon which KFAI and the community we serve reside. This is the traditional and present homeland of the Dakota People, unjustly ceded in the treaties of 1837 and 1851. The Dakota have stewarded this land since ancient times. We also recognize the Ojibwe and other indigenous nations who have cared for and inhabited this place. KFAI is committed to giving voice to Native peoples in its programming.
01. 7:00 – Call to order and roll call
02. 7:05 – Welcome and opening remarks (Michael M)
03. 7:10 – Approve consent agenda
04. 7:12 – Introduction of guests
05. 7:20 – 2020 Audit Results
06. 7:40 – Review Board end-of-year activities
Board and CAC elections
07. 7:45 – GM Search process
All reports should be summaries of detailed written materials included in the board packet.
08. 7:50 – General Manager’s report (Jacque)
09. 8:00 – Treasurer’s report and 2022 Budget Preview (Steve)
10. 8:15 – SJC report (Stacey/Bianca)
11. 8:25 – CAC Liaison’s report (TJ)
12. 8:30 – Preview goals for next month’s board meeting.
13. 8:35 – Public comment (three-minute limit OR one question/followup each)
14. 8:45 – Adjournment