KFAI Board of Directors Meeting Notice and Agenda
Monday, September 28, 2020
This month’s meeting of the Fresh Air, Inc. Board of Directors will be held on Monday, September 28, 2020 at 7:00 p.m.
Important note: Because of the CDC recommendations regarding the coronavirus COVID-19, this month’s meeting will be held virtually. Participants can take part online or by phone. Below the agenda is the information about the Zoom meeting invitation. You will be required to enter the passcode to enter the meeting. If your screen name is unknown to the host, you may be asked to provide email identification prior to being admitted to the meeting.
If you have questions about the meeting, or wish to add an agenda item, please email the Board at <firstname.lastname@example.org> prior to the meeting.
KFAI Board meetings are open to the public; all interested persons are welcome to attend. The meeting will begin promptly at 7:00 pm.
KFAI BOARD OF DIRECTORS AGENDA FOR MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2020
Board Member Roles and Responsibilities: Lead Strategically. Ensure Financial Stability. Be an Ambassador. Ensure Healthy Governance. Supervise and Support the General Manager.
KFAI Mission Statement: KFAI is a volunteer-based community radio station that exists to broadcast information, arts and entertainment programming for an audience of diverse racial, social and economic backgrounds. By providing a voice for people ignored or misrepresented by mainstream media, KFAI increases understanding between peoples and communities, while fostering the values of democracy and social justice.
- Call to order and roll call 7:00
- Appoint Timekeeper
- Approve agenda 7:03
- Approve minutes of August meeting 7:08
- Introduction of guests 7:10
- 2019 Audit presentation by Mahoney Ulbrich Christiansen Russ PA 7:15
- General Manager’s report (Danny B) 7:35
- Discussion of 6 month and 12 month goals with the Board
- Fall Membership Drive — Jacque to also discuss Board Responsibilities
- Treasurer’s report (Stacey T) 7:50
- Discussion of Financial Goals remainder 2020 through 2021 — Board and GM
- Governance (Jacque P) 8:00
- New Board member brief orientation planning (Ahmed, Jules, and Misha) — meet with Leadership Committee
- 6-month, 12-month goals discussion with GM, planning for 6-month (probationary period), 12-month evaluations of GM — conducted by Leadership Committee with report to the full board
- 6-month goals for Board of Directors, discuss annual evaluation
- Board and GM/staff calendar for remainder of 2020 through 2021
- Grievance Policy and Procedure — specifically for Sexual Harassment/Sexual Misconduct, joint effort with GM and Social Justice Task Force — will bring for Board vote at October meeting
- Community Advisory Board (CAB) — discussion of plan for CAB policy and procedure with GM, other board members, specifically Misha Bartlett and Rico Morales — will bring for Board vote at October meeting
- Review of 2020 Strategic Plan and Committee assignments
- Need to start preparation for Fall elections of Board and Content Advisory Committee (start beginning of October)
- Content Advisory Committee (CAC) report (Mike M) 8:20
- Public comment (three-minute limit each) 8:30
- Station events 8:35
- Closed session 8:40
- Adjournment 9:00
KFAI Community Radio is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: KFAI September 2020 Board Meeting
Time: Sep 28, 2020 07:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 869 2102 7797
One tap mobile
+19292056099,,86921027797#,,,,,,0#,,643312# US (New York)
+13017158592,,86921027797#,,,,,,0#,,643312# US (Germantown)
Dial by your location
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 869 2102 7797
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kcQ9fJmviw