SHALL WE PLACE FUNDING MANDATES IN THE CONSTITUTION? TTT's ANDY DRISCOLL and LYNNELL MICKELSEN host a robust debate on the pluses and minuses of a proposed Constitutional amendment to raise the sales tax to guarantee funding of arts and environmental programs. The question goes deeper than adequate arts and environmental funding – and that’s the rub: is the Constitution the proper place for programmatic funding mandates? Even if passed, are the guarantees in place? Or should advocates use legislation to secure funding and come down harder on legislators who ignore their issues?
• KEN MARTIN, Campaign Manager, YES for MINNESOTA (proponents)
• PAUL GILJE - Coordinator, CIVIC CAUCUS (opponents)
• JOHN MILTON - former State Senator; Author, Time to Choose.
• JOHN HOTTINGER - former MN Senate Majority Leader
• OTHER STAKEHOLDERS - calling in
Talk about the Arts/Environment Sales Tax Amendment to us at 612-341-0980.
2) Registration & Turnout will feature an update from Minnesota Secretary of State MARK RITCHIE on our record registration and, perhaps, expected all-time high voter turnout in this important, nay, critical, election year.