Five stories from KFAI’s 10,000 Fresh Voices series, featuring:
1. Dia de los Muertos, produced by Allison Herrera
2. The Haunted Soap Factory, produced by Jessica Folker
3. Graphic Novelist Will Dinski, produced by Britt Aamodt
4. Sound Artist Viv Corringham, produced by Bill Lindeke
5. Global Mamas, produced by Michelle Alimoradi
Another week with a boatload of new music: The Natural Dub Cluster’s excellent “Neg|entropy”; Mista Majah P’s heavy-hitting gay rights anthem “Rights”; Cas Haley’s beautiful “Connection”; and Taj Weekes & Adowa’s sublime “A Waterlogged Soul Kitchen”. Plus more new releases from Influential (“Road Hog”), Madtone (“The Good Soul”), SXTheMadArtist, Mumbai Mafia, Avey Tare, Darryl Jenifer, Steve Steppa meets Samson, and the Easy Star All-Stars.
Lakewood Cemetery is a Minneapolis landmark. Producer Susan Gray tours the resting place adjacent to Lake Calhoun, and uncovers stories about the cemetery’s rich history, which includes memorials to Minnesota artists, political figures and business leaders.